Specialist Support in Angus
On behalf of Angus Council, we offer specialist information, equipment and support for people with a sensory loss.
These services are designed to help you get the most out of life and help you to cope with the barriers you face. How we approach your support will be unique to you, no two people's needs are the same, and therefore no two support plans are the same. Our objective is always the same though, which is to help you achieve as much independence as you are able.
They can include:
- A personal approach from your allocated worker
- Specialist communication support
- Specialist assessment of need in mobility and equipment
- Advice and information about selecting and obtaining suitable equipment
- Your own activity plan which can help you improve your mobility and life skills
- An advocacy support service helping you access the support you need
- A Guide Communicator service for people who are deafblind
" From a very satisfied client, I want to say a big thank you, you were just wonderful."Service user
How long will I have to wait?
A NESS worker will see you within two weeks of us receiving the referral and your assessment with be completed within 28 days.