Employment support is available to blind and/or deaf people living in Aberdeen City, Dundee City and those living in Angus who can travel to Dundee.
NESS Employment Service can:
- Support you to access and sustain relevant employment, training and/or education opportunities
- Provide support, information and training to employers and education providers
"Thank you so much for all your help and support these past few weeks. We really have appreciated your help and knowing we had you on our side made such a difference too.”
"Derek", who works off-shore, is staying in employment due to the support he got here.
British Sign Language Video
NESS can support you to develop skills to search and apply for jobs including online applications.
We can support you to sustain your employment, education, volunteer or training opportunity through:
- Providing continued support, advice, guidance and signposting
- Liaising with your employer, education or training providers
- Supporting you to apply for funding for adaptations and equipment that you may need in the workplace
- Supporting employers to address issues that may arise when employing someone with sensory loss.
“I’m very happy I got this opportunity. My family and close friends are excited for me too…It’s a great start for my future and helps with my studies too. Just the idea of having my own desk in an office makes me want to burst with excitement. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.”
Part funded by:and