Employment Support in Dundee
Employment support, based in Dundee City Centre, is available to people living in Dundee or Angus (and willing to attend in Dundee) who are blind, partially sighted, Deaf BSL users or living with a hearing loss.
The NESS Employment Service can:
- Support you to access and sustain relevant employment, training and/or education opportunities
- Provide support, information and training to employers and education providers
British Sign Language Video
One of the barriers facing unemployed people generally is that prospective employers increasingly expect candidates to be able to use electronic, technology-based job applications. NESS can support you to develop skills to search and apply for jobs online.
We can support you to sustain your employment, education, volunteer or training opportunity through:
- Providing continued support, advice, guidance and signposting
- Liaising with your employer, education or training providers
- Supporting you to apply for funding for adaptations and equipment that you may need in the workplace
- Supporting employers to address issues that may arise when employing someone with sensory loss.
Part funded by:
The ROBERTSON Trust